The Colombian footballer will leave Al-Rayyan after an unsuccessful one-year spell with the team from Qatar.

After spending one season in Qatar and watching his skills diminish over time, James Rodríguez has found a way out of what turned out to be a disappointing experience in the country where the FIFA World Cup will take place. The footballer has reportedly agreed terms to return to Europe with a team that will be involved in the Group Stage of the UEFA Europa League.

The team in question is none other than Olympiakos, who have made some noise in the transfer window after signing Marcelo a couple of weeks ago. Now, Rodríguez will join his former teammate to try and lead the most-winning team in Greece to European glory and to add one more domestic title to their already impressive resume.

According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, Rodríguez has already passed all medical tests with the Greek team, and it is only a matter of time before Olympiakos unveil him as their new player.

Reports coming in from Greece and Colombia state that the footballer will join Olympiakos on a one-year loan deal, with a buyout clase included in his contract. Al-Rayyan will still pay 60% of the player's wages, while Olympiakos will take care of the remaining 40%.

James Rodríguez will be playing for his sixth European club. Previously, the Colombian player made a name for himself in Europe by joining Porto, Monaco, Real Madrid, Bayern, and Everton. It will be interesting to see if he makes the most out of this chance, since it could be his final call to end his career on a high note.