Live Soccer TV

Live Soccer TV App for iOS
Live Soccer TV App for Android
Class of 92 become majority owners at Salford

Class of 92 now the majority shareholders at Salford City after Beckham acquisition

January 23, 2019 By Ali M.
The Man United icon bought 10% worth of shares, meaning the former Red Devils team-mates own a combined 60%.

The Class of 92 are now the majority shareholders at Salford City. This is after David Beckham became the latest member to buy a stake at the club, which was announced on Wednesday.

They announced via Twitter that the former England captain has acquired 10% shares. A video was posted on their official social media account to commemerate this moment.

This means Beckham has helped tilt the power in favor of the former Man United graduates. David will now join Gary and Phil Neville, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, and Paul Scholes as owners.

The six former Red Devils men own 60% percent together, leaving Peter Lim with a 40% stake. However, Beckham insisted to being happy at joining the Singaporean businessman as well as his former team-mates at the Ammies.

"It is a really special club with a special group of people," Beckham said, as per BBC Sport.

"My early years in Manchester were all spent in Salford. I grew up there in many ways so to be able to finally join the lads and the club today is a great feeling.

"Salford City has achieved so much success in a short space of time, the fans are incredible and I'm really excited to be spending more time in Salford again."

The National League outfit was bought by the Class of 92 back in 2014. Since then they have earned three promotions before becoming a full-time side in 2017.


Newsletter Signup »

Email: Why Signup?

Upcoming Top Matches »

StuttgartJan 16
12:30pm
Borussia M'gladbach
FulhamJan 16
12:30pm
Chelsea
Bayern MünchenJan 17
9:30am
Freiburg
LiverpoolJan 17
11:30am
Manchester United
BarcelonaJan 17
2:45pm
Athletic Club
ArsenalJan 18
3:00pm
Newcastle United
Borussia M'gladbachJan 19
12:30pm
Werder Bremen
Bayer LeverkusenJan 19
2:30pm
Borussia Dortmund
Leicester CityJan 19
3:15pm
Chelsea
AugsburgJan 20
2:30pm
Bayern München
TV Schedules and Live Streaming Listings
Live Soccer TV AppLive Soccer TV App for iOSLive Soccer TV App for Android