Ahead of this crucial fixture, the Catalans are set to miss the services of their star player Neymar Jr, who picked up a groin injury while training for the UEFA Champions League fixture against Bayern Leverkusen earlier this week.
Despite Neymar’s absence, the La Liga defending champions still have more firepower in the likes of Luis Suarez, their top scorer this season with 19 goals in 21 appearances. He also tops the list of assists for the Camp Nou based side, and only needs six more goals to equal his tally from last season.
The 28-year-old Uruguayan is expectd to lead the hunt for goals for his side when the visitors come calling
Given the fact that it is only December, the Uruguayan has high chances of beating his own goal-scoring record for the Spanish giants, and the journey continues when they welcome Deportivo La Coruna at home.
Lionel Messi could feature for Barca but he has not fully recovered from the injury he picked up two months ago against Las Palmas. Despite resuming training on Friday after missing Thursday’s session due to ''personal reasons’’ Leo is still doubtful for this clash, or could come in as a substitute.
Barca need to win to extend their lead at the top of La Liga standings, while a win for the visitors could take them to the fourth position if both Celta Vigo and Villareal lose their respective fixtures.
Claudio Bravo is set to start between the posts and he is expected to come face to face with one of the deadliest strikers in La Liga, Lucas Perez. However, Dani Alves, Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba are expected to build a defensive wall against Bravo to protect him from the wrath of Lucas Perez and avoid a shock loss or draw like it was the case when they played Valencia last weekend. Javier Mascherano is doubtful for the clash due to an injury but Luis Enrique has enough options with the likes of Jeremy Mathiu, Thomas Vermaelen and Marc Bartra, who are in good shape for the clash. In attack, Munir will most likely replace the injured Neymar.
Deportivo La Coruna
The away team could miss the services of the attacking trio of Fede Cartabia, Celso Borges and Jonas Gutierrez, while Oriol Riera will most likely miss due to injury. Pedro Mosquera is serving a suspension after picking up a yellow card and will not be available for selection. The visitors are expected to play a defensive game and ambush their hosts with quick counter-attacks led by the lethal Lucas Perez to at least secure a point.
Which channel is broadcasting Barcelona vs Deportivo La Coruna on TV or Online?
- USA: on fuboTV and various beIN Sports channels
- Canada: on various beIN Sports channels
- Spain: check our TV guide for listings
To watch Barcelona vs Deportivo La Coruna live in the USA, tune in to beIN Sports en Español, fuboTV, beIN SPORTS CONNECT U.S.A. or beIN Sports USA from 10:00 EST. In Canada, the action will kick off before midday at 10:00 EST live on beIN Sports en Español, beIN Sports Canada or beIN SPORTS CONNECT Canada If you are in Spain and you won't make it to Camp Nou, tune in to Canal+ Liga / HD, Canal+ Multideporte 7, Abono Futbol or Movistar TV Fútbol at 16:00 CET to watch Barcelona vs Deportivo La Coruna live on December 12, 2015.
To watch the match from any other country across the world, visit our live broadcast page for additional broadcast page.
*NOTE: Live broadcast data is subject to change
- Barca have won their last seven home matches in La Liga
- The hosts have scored at least three goals in their last four matches at home in La Liga
- They have also scored over 2.5 goals in their last six home matches in La Liga
- The visitors have scored under 2.5 goals in their last six matches in La Liga
- The Blaugrana have scored at least twice in eight of their last nine meetings with Deportivo in all competitions
- Deportivo have not beaten Barca in their last ten attempts
- Deportivo have not lost a match in nine of their last 10 La Liga fixtures
Head to head
- The two sides last met on the 23rd of May 2015 when Barca legend Xavi was making his last appearance for the Spanish Champions at the Camp Nou
- Lucas Perez and Diogo Salamao scored the two goals for the visitors in a match that ended in a two-all draw
- Out of their last 20 matches against each other, Barca have won 13, drawn four and lost three
- Barca have scored 42 goals against Deportivo in 20 meetings
- Deportivo have scored 22 goals against Barca in 20 games
Team sheets for Barcelona vs Deportivo
Barcelona's lineup: Bravo, Alves, Pique, mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Sandro, Messi, Suárez.
Deportivo's lineup: Lux, Laure, Arribas, Sidnei, Navarro, Bergantiños. Fajr, Juanfran, Lucas, Luisinho, Jonathan.
Barcelona's subs: Ter Stegen, Bartra, Munir, Sergi Roberto, Adriano, Vermaelen, Mathieu.
Deportivo's subs:Fernández, Domínguez, Cardoso,Cani, Medunjanin, Luis Alberto, Lopo.
Match details, result and original broadcast info
This match has ended. Below are the original Live broadcast details for this match.
Live TV coverage and streaming in United States
Follow the game on-the-go
Download our iOS and Android apps to follow on-the-go. It comes packed with features - live scores, fixtures, results, tables, line-ups, stats, TV schedule and much more! Sorry, no live streaming within the app.