Live Soccer TV

Live Soccer TV App for iOS
Live Soccer TV App for Android
Neymar Jr responds to rape allegation

Neymar Jr responds to rape allegation; releases explicit WhatsApp messages as proof of innocence

June 2, 2019 By Emmanuel K. Budu-Annor
The football superstar broke his silence amid accusations of raping a woman in Paris.

Brazil and Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar Jr has responded to accusations of raping a woman. The 27-year-old forward has labeled the alleged victim's act as one with the motive of extortion.

On Saturday, Brazilian publication Globo revealed that a formal police report had been filed with Sao Paulo police by a woman who claims Neymar forcibly had intercourse with her. According to the victim, the said incident took place took place in Paris on May 15 after the football star arrived at her hotel room intoxicated.

Despite being welcoming at the beginning, Neymar allegedly became aggressive and, through violence, practiced sexual intercourse against her will.

In the wake of the event, Neymar Jr released a seven-minute long video on his Instagram page giving account of the incident. He subsequently provided screenshots of WhatsApp conversations between him and the alleged victim to prove that act he was being accused of was consensual.

"I think now is the right time for everyone to know what happened. It's bad that I put myself in this situation, it's really annoying. It is very sad to believe that the world is like this," Neymar said.

"There are people who want to take advantage, extort other people, it is really sad, painful. But since they put me in this situation I am here explaining to you.

"You already have a video of more than three minutes, I hope it is clear, I hope justice looks at the messages and see what really happened.

"It is with much sadness and heartache that I make this video, I explain everything. A very boring situation, not only for me but also for my family.

"For putting me in this situation, because I  really did not want to, I was induced to do it, it was something that happened, it was a trap and I ended up falling."

A statement released by Neymar's legal team also rebuffed the allegations and branded it as an "attempted extortion". The statement read as follows:

"Although he was surprised by the news, the facts were already known to the Athlete and his staff, considering that a few days ago he was a victim of attempted extortion, practiced by a lawyer from the city of São Paulo, who, according to his version, represented the interests of the alleged victim.

"The athlete's lawyers were immediately notified and have since taken all appropriate steps. Faced with the unfortunate, illegal and outrageous event, we completely repudiate the unjust accusations and, above all, the exposure in the press of an extremely negative situation.

"All evidence of attempted extortion and non-rape shall be submitted to the Police Authority in a timely manner.

Neymar is currently in preparation with the Brazilian national team ahead of the upcoming Copa America.

 


Newsletter Signup »

Email: Why Signup?

Upcoming Top Matches »

BarcelonaSep 24
3:00pm
Villarreal
Real MadridSep 25
3:00pm
Osasuna
Sheffield UnitedSep 28
7:30am
Liverpool
PaderbornSep 28
9:30am
Bayern München
ChelseaSep 28
10:00am
Brighton & Hove Albion
GetafeSep 28
10:00am
Barcelona
Atlético MadridSep 28
3:00pm
Real Madrid
Manchester UnitedSep 30
3:00pm
Arsenal
Real MadridOct 1
12:55pm
Club Brugge
Tottenham HotspurOct 1
3:00pm
Bayern München
TV Schedules and Live Streaming Listings
Live Soccer TV App
Follow the game on the go
Download the Live Soccer TV App for
iPhone and Android
Live Soccer TV App for iOSLive Soccer TV App for Android